Sunday, December 14, 2008

Sunday Morning

In Virginia, Sunday stands out among the other days. There are no tough decisions to be made. Hunting is not allowed. Is this a good thing?

When Sunday rolls around the guns and hunting clothes can be left in a pile in the corner or in the truck or wherever they were dumped the night before. If the alarm is set ,it's for an early morning striper fishing trip.

There are times when I'm glad I don't have to answer the alarm. I've enjoyed the break from the uncontrolled obsession to make it to the woods one hour before sunrise. I've been awake at 430 AM thankful I didn't have to leave the confort of a warm bed.

Then there are other times when the desire to be out there hunting was strong but the rules kept me home. A trip the woods on a scouting expidition can partially salvage those times.

This morning I was up at 530. There is a light frost on the grass. The deer are out there safe and sound. On a day like this in mid December with light winds the boat ramp at Kiptopeake will be jammed up at sunrise. I'll be fishing today but I'll plan a departure time for around mid day.

No comments:

Post a Comment