Monday, January 19, 2009

A Cloudy Monday



I'm getting ready to trek across the bay to work tonight. I think I've finally recovered from the last all nighter. I'll sleep some Tuesday morning. I'll sleep some more Tuesday night. Then on Wednesday I have to get ready for our trip on Friday as I'll be working on Thursday.

Over 30 years ago when I had a 35mm SLR my preparation would have been so simple. How many rolls of film could I afford...2... maybe 3 or 4 rolls of 36 exposure slide film. Developing costs would come later. Grab the camera and go.

Today I'm ready with a daily limit of 16 gigs of SDHC cards ready to be downloaded to an external hard drive of 250 gigs and uploaded after processing to Flickr. Shooting in RAW (no.. not naked... it's a format in the camera) takes up a lot of memory but 16 gigs should give me a limit of 1000 images a day. I can do 200 a day when there isn't anything to take pictures of!

So as we age our ability to remember declines along with the price of electronic memory.... I figure by the time I can't remember I should have everything properly backed up.

Richard

1 comment:

  1. Richard,

    Hope that you and Karen are having an AMAZING time, we are very jealous..love reading about your adventures. Be Safe!!

    Kaye O.

    ReplyDelete